WELCOME TO THE REDCLIFFE SURGERY
Our GPs, practice nurses and support staff are all committed to providing a high quality primary care service responsive to the needs and choices of individuals, their families and their carers, working with you to maintain and improve your health.
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week. You can have a flu jab if you are over 65 years of age and have a long term illness.
First batch of Flu vaccines have arrived. There are Flu clinics available from 3rd October 2019. Please call the Practice to make an appointment
You maybe invited for flu jab if:
- Aged 65 and over
- Is a Carer
- Aged 10 years and less than 18 in risk groups
- For anyone aged 18-under 65s’s in clinical risk groups severe Asthma, CHD, COPD, LD, Morbid obese, immune suppression i.e. (HIV positive, Spleenectomy, any with cancer treatment).
- If children who are aged 2 and 3 on 31st August 2019 – that is, children born between September 1 2015 and August 31 2017
- Children who are 4 years old are also eligible for flu vaccination provided they were 3 on August 31 2019. These children should be offered the vaccination at their general practice.
- Children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be offered their vaccination in school. In a couple of areas it might be offered in primary care settings.
If you have any queries please contact the practice on 02074602222
Tuesday 27th December 2019 is the last day before New years you can request your prescription
Stay well this Winter
People are urged to keep an extra eye on themselves and the people they care for over the winter period so minor illnesses do not become so serious. People who are more older maybe susceptible to the winter bug which could become serious and require hospital treatment getting help may prevent this. To help make sure winter bugs doesn't become more serious:
- Have your Flu Jab
- if you start to feel ill get help from pharmacy straight away
- Keep your home warm 18 degrees
- Make sure to take any medicines as directed
- Get any repeat prescriptions filled in advance
- Keep supply of cold and flu remedies in the house & if the weather is bad avoid going outside
- If you are prescribed antibiotics finish the course
- Don't go to A&E or call 999 unless its an Emergency.If you are in doubt NHS111 can help get you the right treatment
You can now book your appointments Online and order your repeat prescriptions
If you would like to use our online appointment and prescription service you will need to register with us first.
You will need to come to the surgery in person with identification when we will issue you with a username and password.Once you have been registered by our receptionists.
Please click here to activate your registration. You will need a registration letter for activation as this contains your unique username and password.
The Duty Doctor system allows the practice to deal with your urgent needs for that day. The Duty Doctor will be able to help you over the telephone or arrange an early appointment for you to be seen by the most appropriate clinician at the surgery.
The receptionist will ask some screening questions to patients requesting an on the day urgent appointment. This is for the patients benefit to place them with the right clinician and provide the best possible care. Please try to be as helpful as possible when asked these questions and be assured that all staff have a legal, ethical and contractual obligation to confidentiality and ensuring they act appropriately to protect patient information against improper disclosure.
Patients whose needs are urgent will be added to the Duty Doctor’s telephone list and will be contacted by the Duty Doctor to discuss their requirement. The doctor will help by recommending a suitable course of action. This could be an appointment with a GP on that day, or later in the week, an appointment with our nursing team, a prescription and/or advice on what to do.
Patients will only be added to the Duty Doctor’s telephone list if it is an urgent problem that needs to be dealt with that day.
Patients will be told to keep their phone available for the duty doctor to call back; if the doctor cannot get through then a message will be left to advise to call back when free.
The Practice is offering free health checks for any carers caring for a relative or a friend. Please contact the practice to check if you are suitable for the free health check and flu jab.
Carers network leaflet - support for carers
Surgery Opening Hours
Surgery opening Hours Doors (Doors)
Monday to Friday 8:00am-6.30pm
Telephones lines open at 8.30am
When the surgery telephone lines are open call 02074602222
When the surgery is closed call if its an Emergency on 111
MOBILE PHONE FREE AREA
We ask that all our patients respect and consider other patients and keep the surgery a mobile phone free area
Health Review & Request Forms
Who Do I See / Advice Checker
Find out who you should be seeing: